Monday 6 June 2016

Imagine - if refugees would be Daisys



Last week I was attending my first marketing course. It was exciting and really very informative, but I m afraid I realized once more that the business/marketing part will be the most challenging task of my business.
One statement was: 'don't be political or make political statements on your social media accounts ...'   I m aware this makes rather sense, because we deal with different customers, which have different points of views, belong to different religions or just leading a lifestyle which suits them.

I still decided to get a bit 'political' with this blog post.

While watching the news a few days ago there was one report, underlined with some powerful pictures. Some hundreds of refugees have been drowned and washed ashore in different countries. A few women in their colorful clothes were lying stretched out on a beautiful beach. Tears running down my face ...... It didn't leave me since.

Do we really care?

Do we think it will go away, if we build a wall around Europe?

Do we hope that they just stay there where they 'belong to' and die in silence.... not bothering us?

We might just change the TV-channel for a minute or two....

We might just listen to the uprising right-wing political parties  all over Europe, who want to 'solve' the problems, by securing 'our borders', preventing shelter seeking humans from coming ashore in Europe or not letting them move further. It was also suggested to shoot them at the border by a new uprising party in Germany .... .

And then there is Trump, a Bully ( and that is a nice word describing him ... ), who gets so much media coverage promoting his hatred and promising 'to make America great again'.... and other politicians want to make their countries great again.
There is nothing great about letting people drown or starve or die by war .... .
History wont be merciful with us about its judgement in times to come.

Last evening I strolled around the garden. My mind still heavy with thoughts about those 'incidents' occurring on a regular base.

my magic chair on Corsallagh bog 









where do you watch the sun-set







After a while I found myself on my 'magic chair' up on the high turf bank. A place where I usually experience my own inner peace, where I listen to the birds, where I see the sun set and where I watch the stars on the deep, dark horizon without any other artificial light pollution.
It is a great place for being inspired.....








Imagine - what would be, if refugees would be Daisys ....



Imagine - realizing that there is nowhere to go for you and your family....



Imagine - if you have to tell your children that they are a problem to this world....



Imagine - if your boat capsizes and you see your husband, wife, children drift away ....




Aren't we all refugees one way or the other? Running away from a bad job, toxic people, our past or future ... seeking shelter from the rain, wind, hail and snow.
I once ran away from a country I didn't believe I belonged to.
I was priviliged, I could purchase a ticket on a safe ferry ... I just was lucky ... I was an EU-citizen - I had the choice....

Everybody is somehow a stranger in this world...

2 comments:

  1. Don't despair and don't stop caring, just don't expect a crowd of followers (none in a week) or distance yourself from the de-humanised world too much: like it or not you're living in it. You're a gardener, you were dealt poor soil but you sow the seeds and you nuture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michele, hope you are good. Thank you for your comment. I dont think I rely on followers :). Dont worry I got used to the de-humanized world ... I m living long enough in it ...

    ReplyDelete